Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Jolly Old England

Well, here we are on the last leg of the trip in Great Britain. I nearly cried when I realized that the signs I was reading were something I could actually, you know, understand. Well, that's a scosh melodramatic, but that and English keyboards make me happy.

Today is an unusually sunny British day in Bath. You can't actually go into the Roman baths as a bath-er--too high a bacteria count--but we'll be touring the museum later on. We've spend the three days prior to this making our way through Cornwall, focusing on its Celtic heritage and the legend of Arthur. We saw some seriously ancient Celtic crosses that you wouldn't necessarily expect to see outside of Ireland. And if you've never had a Cornish Pasty before, you're missing out big time.

So, under a week left. We still have London ahead of us which excites me greatly! Even though I won't be seeing most people who might be reading this all that soon, I'll be closer!

Ta ta from England!

3 Comments:

At 3:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

shouldn't that be 'cheerio' from england? fair question.

 
At 11:15 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Oy! Have a kebab for me. I hear all about them over here from the 'glands.

 
At 12:11 PM, Blogger Jac said...

well, the kebab thing is also all over italy, germany, france.... and though many of the guys love them, they really dont appeal to me. (they are nothing like our shishkebabs back home). theres this huge hunk of meat about 2 feet tall rotating and they hack off some for your pita and call it a kebab. my question is: how long has that massive hunk of meat been out for? it would take a store weeks to sell it all. right sketchy.

and yes erica, cheerio indeed.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home