Sunday, May 28, 2006

Barcelona the Beautiful

We´ve been in Barcelona for two days now and its been great so far. We go in around supper time yesterday and after supper a bunch of us decided to bus into Barcelona for the night to experience the Saturday nightlife.

We strolled down "Las Ramblas" - a continuous section of pedestrian only street with lots of people thronging it for all hours of the night. You can drink in public so we kept buying cans of beer from guys on the street and strolling on down. We actually spent most of the night doing that and had a brilliant time. Boo to stodgy Canadian liqour laws.

Today Jac and I went to the Picasso museum and saw a bunch of his earlier works. He actually painted recognizable stuff then.

There´s so much more that I would like to say, but this is a ghetto computer and it´s going to die.

5 Comments:

At 7:33 PM, Blogger anthony said...

Feelin' a bit of jealousy on this end.....lol though.

 
At 5:27 PM, Blogger Karin said...

I know that steet... my friend got billy-clubbed there! haaahaahaa (yes it was funny, he didn´t really get that hurt...)
Anyways I am glad you are having fun and enjoying the street beer. Have you noticed the drugs are as easily accessable too...? Luckily ¨no¨and a glare works in both spanish and english. (Something I use on the men here....)

 
At 10:07 AM, Blogger mariaborito said...

Picasso muesume? Super cool. I like his earlier work. Please take pictures my friends. BTW When are you coming back to Winnipeg already? Geez. I'm still a little peturbed!

 
At 12:39 PM, Blogger Matt said...

Ahh yes, la Rambla is wonderfully sketchy, but I haven´t tried to find drugs nor have I been approached.

And don´t worry Maria, we´re taking lots of pics but we have no way of uploading them until we get back. Then it´s going to be picture-rama.

And Beck, I´m glad that we weren´t staying on la Rambla, as great as it was! I like to sleep...

 
At 9:36 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Boo to unrecognizable Picasso! He came by UBC a while back and it was very dissapointing.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home