Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Blown Away

The title is both literal and metaphorical today.

Firstly, the wind today is something incredibly fierce. I´m giving 50-50 odds as to whether our tent collapses tonight or not. But boy it´s beautiful here.

We toured Empuries today: it was the furthest west Greek colony settled in c. 550 BC and later taken over by the Romans. Pretty cool. It felt pretty incredible to be sitting amongst so much history.

Now we´re set up on a campsite close by to that, and in the morning we break camp and head to Carcassonne in the south of France for a couple of days. It´s a medieval walled city and I hear that it´s really cool. After that we had to Nice for some French Rivera action and then our foray into Italy begins with Florence.

I wish I could say so much more but my time here is, as always, very limited by the ticking clock. I wish I could convey all that I´m feeling and experiencing, but I´m not even certain of it myself!

Anyways, until next time...

2 Comments:

At 11:51 PM, Blogger anthony said...

Awesome man.

 
At 11:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

south of France...french riviera...Italy...way to live my dream, jaclyn.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home